A career in home services offers steady employment, advancement opportunities, and a quality of life that isn’t possible in other fields. Whether your goal is to have a more flexible schedule, earn a solid income, or gain skills that will allow you to achieve your personal and professional goals, working as a plumber, electrician, or HVAC expert might be the perfect career for you.
Home Services Industry Growth
Home services industry statistics show that this is a promising field to work in, with plenty of growth potential.
- According to market research conducted by Angi, there were over 500 million home services-related tasks completed in 2019.
- In 2022, it’s estimated that the home services market has skyrocketed to $595 billion.
- Even when the real estate market slows, the home services market remains robust, partially due to the number of older homes in the U.S.
Related Content: Benefits of Joining the Southern Home Services Family
Four Benefits of Learning a Skilled Trade
So, it’s clear that the home services industry is a good place to build a career. There are plenty of benefits of being a plumber, HVAC technician, or electrician; here are four reasons why it’s a smart career move:
- Flexible schedule. Home repair needs and emergencies can happen at any time, day or night. This allows home services professionals to have flexible work hours that accommodate family life and personal goals and interests.
- Steady work, even during economic downturns. Even though many industries see layoffs and other cutbacks during tough economic times, homeowners still need help maintaining and repairing their homes. While some homeowners will turn to DIY solutions if the budget is tight, many recognize that some jobs are much better left to the experts.
- Experts have more career opportunities. An experienced tradesperson can learn additional skills to ensure that they’re even more in demand. A solid set of skills and the dedication to staying on top of your knowledge can open a variety of doors.
- Good pay and benefits. An experienced plumber, HVAC technician, or electrician can earn a healthy income in just about every area of the country, and there are plenty of job opportunities that offer competitive benefits packages.
Learn More About a Career with Southern Home Services
Southern Home Services might be the perfect fit if you’re interested in moving your career forward with a solid home service company. We’re hiring, whether you’re a seasoned pro or someone who’s just starting in their home services career. We offer excellent benefits, training, paid time off, and flexible schedules. To learn more, take a look at our open positions and apply online. We’re looking forward to working with you.